Thinking about adding a logo to your uniform?
Almost every beauty business in Australia has a business name/logo that it ‘advertises’ on its shopfront and assorted marketing channels – yet many fail to ‘advertise’ it on their uniforms.
Here’s how a simple logo on a uniform can make a real difference to staff morale and salon profits.
1. Brand awareness is the KEY benefit irrespective whether staff are in, or outside of, the salon. Nowadays logos on uniforms are a great way to increase brand awareness on social media as a lot of salons, clinics and spas are so good at sharing images of their beautiful staff on duty – when these pics are shared, the brand name is automatically shared too if they are wearing logos on their uniforms!
2. Logos also help unite a salon team, especially if they wear different uniform styles. It also give the whole beauty salon a more professional appearance which is critical, especially for the all important ‘first impression’ with a new, or potential new, client.
3. When a logo is applied in a creative, modern way, it highlights that a salon/business has ‘an eye for detail’ and is thinking ‘outside the square’.
4. Uniforms with logos are tax-deductable!
In some salons that don’t have logos, it can sometimes be very confusing for clients, particularly new ones to know who works there. Have you had clients in your salon approach other clients for help with their booking enquiry? Or help choose the right products for their skin problems? This can be awkward for everyone!
Why might some salons choose not to add a logo? In some cases, adding a logo is NOT the way to go, even if that’s a temporary decision.
1. Some businesses may have had a bad experience with logos in the past. Perhaps the print faded, or the supplier made a mistake with the logo which ruined the look of their uniforms. They need to rebuild confidence that a quality logo can be applied, and it will last.
2. Some small businesses may find it expensive! It can be costly for a small business to set up a logo on an embroidery or print screen. However, once a logo is set up the cost to add a logo is quite reasonable per uniform.
3. Some may have quite an elaborate, or dated logo style. In this case, its understandable to hold off until the logo design has been re-vamped into something more modern, or in line with a new business direction. If this is where you are at, we would definitely agree its best to wait for the update.
Logos are a relatively simple way for salons, clinics and spas to stand out in the crowded marketplace. However, professional help is often needed to help get the look perfect for each brand’s unique requirement.
The kind of logo to apply often depends on the logo design or font, the vibe of the brand itself, and the style of uniform.
Expectations for presentation and brand image are stepping up now. The days of adding a logo to the left side of the chest without considering what else is going on with the uniform or the brand are long gone.
At The Uniform Stylist we look at the logo application from all aspects so that we can provide you with all the info you need to make a logo decision that is right for you. Find out more here
Leave a Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.